- Our Departments
The Commission Office is located on the second floor of the Brookings City and County Government Center. The Commission Department coordinates efforts that happen on a countywide basis.
- Buildings and Grounds
- County Commission Administration
- Geographic Information Systems
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Coordinate countywide HR programs including recruitment, hiring, performance management, safety programs, wages, benefits, liability and workers compensation, and employee and management training efforts.
- Coordinate daily county administration on behalf of the Brookings County Commission.
- Coordinate the countywide technology program including GIS, resource allocation, network administration and help desk support.
- Oversee the county buildings and grounds projects, annual budgets, maintenance, and staffing.
- Prepare and coordinate board agendas, packets, schedules, and ongoing projects.
- Prepares budget requests and analysis for review by the County Commission.
- Serve as a liaison between the board and county departments, media, public, and other governmental entities.
- Serve as the county representative for labor relations with the county’s two labor unions including negotiations and grievance resolution.
FY2023 Funding Applications AvailableEntities interested in submitting a funding request to the Brookings County Commission for consideration during the FY2023 budget process can do so by completing a Funding Request Application. The deadline to apply for funding is Friday, May 6th at 5:00 pm. Applications are available on the County’s website here, or by contacting the Brookings County Commission Office at 605-696-8205.
If you would like more information about the funding request process, you can contact Commission Department Director Stacy Steffensen at the Brookings County Commission Office at 605-696-8205 or by emailing email@example.com.