Goals of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Division
The Geographic Information Services are located within the Commission Department and provides support to all Brookings County departments. Our goal is to help increase the efficiency and productivity of Brookings County through the implementation of Geographic Information System (GIS) applications and technology.
- Create addresses for the county
- Create and maintain all GIS layers
- Create and maintain maps for the county
- Create and update parcel data
- Create and maintain Beacon website
- Create soil reports
- Geographic Information Services
- Maintain 911 layer and Master Street Address Guide (MSAG)
- Research and analyze data using reports and maps
- Update customer records and addresses for the city and utility companies
The data is representational and may contain errors and omissions. This data is for general information purposes only and should not be substituted for a title search, property appraisal, or survey. It is provided without warranty of any kind. In no event shall Brookings County be liable for damage incurred through the use or interpretation of this data.