Brookings County Detention Center
Proposed Detention Center Expansion
Request for Proposals for Construction Management at Risk Services
- Request for Proposals for Construction Management at Risk Services
- Request for Proposals SCORING SHEET
- RFP Clarifications Memo
BKV County Commission meeting presentations:
County Board Presentation (BKV Group) August 6, 2019
Work Session Presentation (BKV Group) February 26, 2019
County Board Presentatio (BKV Group) May 1, 2018
Detention Center Study (BKV Group) September 26, 2017
The Brookings County Detention Center provides a secure holding facility for persons legally confined in Brookings County, including pre-trial, pre-sentence, and sentenced adult male and female offenders. The Brookings County Detention Center houses inmates of all security levels. The Brookings County Detention Center is a 54 bed facility that has a daily average population of 35.
Current Inmate List(updated every 15 minutes)
The Current Inmate list that was shown on this website during the period of 07/06/18 to 07/08/18 showed Keith Jensen, as an inmate at the Detention Center with a charge of 22-14-6 Possession of a Controlled Weapon. This charge was entered in error and should have been entered as 16-15-6 Contempt. The charge information has been corrected in the computer records.
- Family only: Tuesdays 6 - 9:30 p.m.
- Family and one friend: Saturdays 6 - 9:30 p.m.
- Family only: Wednesdays 6 - 9:30 p.m.
- Family and one friend: Sundays 6 - 9:30 p.m.
Family members include:
- Brothers and sisters
- Children (over 18 years old)
- Children under 18 with immediate family
- Foster parents
- Legal guardians
- Brothers and sisters in-law
- Step siblings living in same household
- Aunts and uncles
- Boy / girlfriends
- Mothers of children (if not married)
Leaving a Message for an Inmate
For a detained friend or relative in the Brookings County Detention Center dial 605-697-6344. Leave your name, inmate name, call back telephone number and brief message. Inmates have access to messages during normal phone access time periods.
Many services and programs are provided for the inmates. These services include:
- 24/7 Medical Services
- Food Services
- Laundry Facilities
- Mental Health Counseling
- Clergy Visits
- Attorney Visits
- AA meetings
- Mental health and drug counseling
- Work and school release
- Church Service
- Bible Study
- Peace Education Program
- 24/7 Sobriety Program