Planning & Zoning Commission
- First Tuesday of every month
- 8 p.m. (April-October); 7 p.m. (November-March)
- Brookings City and County Government Center
520 3rd St.
Brookings, SD 57006
- Broadcast live on Swiftel channel 19, ITC channel 168, and youtube.com
- Rebroadcast Wednesdays at 1:00 PM and Fridays at 7:00 PM
- Links to videos of previous meetings are available at the Agenda Center
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
- Mike Bartley - Commissioner
- Kyle VanderWal - District 1A
- Darrel Kleinjan - District 1B
- Chad Ford - District 2A
- Randy Jensen - District 2B
- Neal Trooien - District 3A
- Tim Paulson - District 3B
- Spencar Diedrich - District 4A
- Brian Gatzke - District 4B
- Roger Erickson - Alternate
- Dale Storhaug - Alternate
The purpose of the Planning Commission is to advise the Board of County Commissioners on land use policies and laws, and to make final decisions on certain kinds of development and use permits. State law allows the Board of County Commissioners to appoint the Planning Commission as the Board of Adjustment for Brookings County, which it has done.